About Ellen Werfel Martineau
Ellen Werfel Martineau is an experienced, tenacious and compassionate family law attorney. She knows that there is no “right” way to divorce and is sensitive to her clients’ emotional needs while helping them clarify their goals and emerge from the process with the groundwork laid for a fulfilling, successful and happier future.
Ellen is trained in the collaborative process, mediation and arbitration. However, alternative dispute resolution is not always possible. In these instances, Ellen brings her years of experience as a litigator to fight for her clients’ rights and protect them from being taken advantage of financially or emotionally during this difficult time. She is a true partner who endeavors to assist her clients to move forward in a constructive and meaningful way.
Ellen represents clients in all aspects of marital and family law including:
- Contested and uncontested divorce
- Custody and parenting time (visitation/access)
- Spousal and child support
- Domestic Violence
- Property division and distribution
- Prenuptial, postnuptial, divorce and separation agreements
- Post-judgment enforcement and modification
- Custody, support and property agreements involving unmarried couples
- Other related matters